Life’s challenges – Flint’s challenges – can seem overwhelming when viewed from just one person’s perspective. After all, none of us has all the answers, or all the resources needed to change our world. But we can choose the power of working together. When we work with others, especially those with different points of view, we find new potential. We find hope. Working together teaches us to respect and value every individual. By including people with diverse perspectives and ideas, we can join together to create a new vision for our community. For the 2017-2018 season, Flint Youth Theatre is asking questions about the ways individuals and organizations can work together to solve communal challenges. It is through inclusion and collaboration that we will be able to rise to the challenge of our shared future.
Through public performances, school matinees and classes, Flint Youth Theatre serves audiences of children and families, teens and adults, and provides acting and theatre-making opportunities for students age 2 through college.
- Imaginative, daring and insightful, our flagship MainStage plays for all audiences are drawn from literature, folklore, fantasy, history and social issues.
- Tailored for ages three and up and their families, FirstStage is a great first step in a life-long journey of celebrating theatre and the arts.
- SummerStage presents two plays, one for very young children and another for older audiences, side-by-side in a fun-filled end-of-summer festival.
- For adults and older teens, New Works Festival presents staged-readings of the latest plays from Broadway and American Regional Theatre.
- For school groups and their teachers, Learning Through Theatre matinees bridge the gap between theatre and the classroom.
- Drama School offers classes in acting and creative drama year-round for students age two through 12th grade.